Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752623 Members
3956 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

How to generate Events or set rule to generate Events in HP System insight manager

arbarik
Advisor

How to generate Events or set rule to generate Events in HP System insight manager

Hi,

I am new to HP System insight manager. I want to see how to set rule, so that Event will be generated once that rule is breached.

Want to see if I can generate some dummy Events. Is there any way to set rule on all systems , if that rule breached then Event should be generated.

Thanks,

Abhiram

2 REPLIES 2
Mahmoud Ibrahim
Honored Contributor

Re: How to generate Events or set rule to generate Events in HP System insight manager

Hi Abhiram,
It is not clear what you want to acheive, please elaborate on rules by giving examples.
Also try to check Options >> Automatic Event Handling, as this allows you to take actions based on events generated or received by SIM.
Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
http://www.itmthoughts.com
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: How to generate Events or set rule to generate Events in HP System insight manager

It's unclear what you mean by 'event'. Do you wish to fire a mail in response to an event generated in response to an SNMP trap received at the CMS?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)