Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753265 Members
5463 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

How to setup weekly Health Status Reports?

Pootch
Frequent Advisor

How to setup weekly Health Status Reports?

Hello.

I am looking for a solution to setup a weekly report of all major, warning, minor health status of my devices.

I have tried this using the report function or setting up an automatic email task.

But non of those options gave me a good result.

The Problem is, when the HP SIM reported a failure disk, it does this once, but not twice.

If the HP Management Agents hang there wont be any report to the HP SIM until reboot of the server or restart of the agents.

Is there any working solution to check if the agents are responding to the hp sim server?

BR

Pootch.

3 REPLIES 3
Pootch
Frequent Advisor

Re: How to setup weekly Health Status Reports?

btw: is there any posibility to check the connection between agent and HP SIM Server using a CLI script?

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

We use test alerts on all important server. We also use insight remote support and want to be sure that the direct alerting to HP works fine. In case you are using SNMP agent  you  simulate the test trap. This does not tell you if the disk subagent is running correct but  you are sure that most of the communication still works. If you already use WBEM based Agents it is a little bit more work to do. But it should be possible to implement on all system which have a agent and SMH support.

Pootch
Frequent Advisor

I wonder why doesnt report the "Hardware Status Polling for Servers" each time it polls the Servers?