8990 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IM 6.4 configuration problem

Darren Phillips
Occasional Contributor

IM 6.4 configuration problem

Hello

I├в m using Insight Manager 7 sp2.3 to monitor approximately 80 HP and Compaq servers on a WAN and I├в m having a few problems.
Several of the HP Proliant servers I have built using Smart Start 6.4 are showing Device type unknown. Although a few are performing to the same level as to those which, would have been built using earlier versions of Smart Start. I have updated one server from version 6.4 to version 7 using VCRM, but this has not solved the problem. I have tried to compare various settings but have not found anything obviously wrong.

IM displays a blue disc in the HW column but the MP, SW & PF columns are blank for servers of unknown device type. The remaining servers have (generally) green ticks in the HW column and blue disc├в s in the other three. I presume this is a configuration issue, but I have no idea has to how to go about fixing it.

Any guidance on these matters would be greatly appr
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'd look at the SNMP Settings first. Is SNMP installed? are the agents running? can you browse to the Agent directly (e.g. https://server:2381?

You don't mention the OS, W2003 closes down SNMP by default, try checking the allow all hosts access in the SNMP configuration box.
Darren Phillips
Occasional Contributor

Snmp is installed and running on all servers. I can browse to all systems home page directly and from IM. The OS's are 2003. I have selected "Accept SNMP packets from any host" on the Security tab.
What should the other settings be?
I have added, public, to the trap community name settings, although I don't think it is required. None of these changes have made any difference though. It does seem to be unique to 2003 rather than smart start 6.4 as I first thought.