5916 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Initial Proliant Support-Pack install

Martin Stoll
Frequent Visitor

Initial Proliant Support-Pack install

Hi,

i have installed the HP Systems Insight Manager and downloaded the new Proliant Support Pack to the Repository Directory. When i try to deploy this Support Pack to other trusted servers step by step and i come to the button "Run Now", than Internet Explorer says: "Could not execute the tool: Initial Proliant Support Pack Install. No value was supplied for required argument with prompt: Enter the drive letter for setupc.exe, i.e: e:)

Can someone help me!
3 REPLIES 3
Ole Thomsen
Frequent Advisor

Re: Initial Proliant Support-Pack install

I don't use this feature myself, but AFAIR you have to configure SSH for the client server to make this work.

http://www.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/mxhelp/mxportal/en/admin_managedNodeSetup

You are aware of that the Initial... is only for deploying to serveres that do not have Support pack installed? To upgrade Support packs use Install Software...

Regards, Ole

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

"Initial ProLiant Support Pack Install" is a great way to distribute the PSP when there is not a pre-existing trust relationship with the hpSIM server.

There is a problem with the task exhibiting the problem when "Run Now" is selected, resulting in the error above. If the tool is scheduled to run (it can be just a few minutes in the future) rather than run now, the task executes properly.

This will be fixed in a dot-1 release scheduled for Spring.
ralph ericsson

Hi, have a problem here.I'm trying to install Support-Pack to a server, but get som error messages:EXEPTION CLASS: com.hp.mx.dtf.agent.MxExecFailedExceptionEXEPTION: Operating system not recognized: UNKNOWNHow do I get SIM to recognize the operating system, and what does the first error message mean?thanks for all help in advance!regards Johnny