1752272 Members
5445 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight Manager detection of Fabric Switch

Scott Lent
Occasional Contributor

Insight Manager detection of Fabric Switch

Insight Manager does not detect the MSA Fabric Switch 6 I have installed in my MSA 1000. According to the user guide (for the MSA Switch 6) I should be able to. I can access it directly with its IP address. I have tried running a discovery with filters disabled and have checked the SNMP community strings. Any thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

[Please everybody, be specific about which particular version you are referring to with Insight Manager]

As this is the hpSIM forum, I'm assuming that is what you are using. If it has an IP address and is pingable from the hpSIM server, with discovery filters off, it should be added, even if it turns up unmanageable because of problems with a management protocol. Confirm that the central management server (not your client) running the hpSIM application can ping the device.
Scott Lent
Occasional Contributor

Sorry. Yes, my server running HP SIM 7 sp2.3 is able to ping the IP address of the Fabric Switch.
Scott Lent
Occasional Contributor

Interestingly enough, I tried to do a manual discovery. It reported the device had already been discovered; however it does not appear in my All Devices query.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Okay, that should be IM7, not HP SIM 7. Insight Manager 7 is a different product from Systems Insight Manager.

Force a device identification in tasks by manually running the 'Daily Device Identification.' If it still isn't there, I have 5 points that say it will be in the morning...
Scott Lent
Occasional Contributor

ARRRRGHHH....
Sorry, I'm in the wrong forum. Thanks for answering anyway. I just ran the task and I still don't see it. I'll try again in the morning.