New Discussion

Issues importing certificate within Trusted Management Servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
neilthatsmyname
Occasional Advisor

Issues importing certificate within Trusted Management Servers

I am hoping someone could assist. 

I have Hp Systems Management Homepage installed on one of my servers and noticed on HP Systems Insight Manager that it was stating:

"Software Version Status: Security Trust Issue. Click for details"

Obviously pointing to a version control agent trust relationship problem.  Therefore I remoted over to my server and accessed the Trusted Management Servers and attempted to Add Certificate both from "Import Certificate Data" and "Get Certificate Information" each attempt at doing this I am giving the following error:

Error: Certificate failed validation and was not imported.

When I add the Server Name in "Get Certificate Information"  and click add, the following screen shows the Certificate Raw Data but as soon as clicking Add Certificate to Trusted Certificates List, I get the above error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neil

5 REPLIES 5
DDavis44
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: Issues importing certificate within Trusted Management Servers

Here is what worked for me:

From HP System Insight Manager bring up the status page for the server with the issue; from the menu select Configure and then Configure or Repair Agents. Press Next to skip the Install Providers and Agents (Optional) page.  On the Configure or Repair Settings page uncheck everything except the Set Trust Relationship box. Click Next. Use the default sign in credentials or enter specific credentials. Click Run Now.

Your Task Results should look something like this:

Set Trust relationship to "Trust by Certificate"
Set Trust relationship to "Trust by Certificate" ................... [SUCCESS] 
Added this instance of HP SIM to the trusted certificate list for System Managem
ent Homepage 2.0 or later.

Successfully restarted necessary management applications to ensure that all succ
essful changes will be effective.

Re-identifying system to get updated information ...

Checking whether the HP SIM CMS can login to the SMH URL " https://servername.domain.com:2381/ "
Login to the SMH using certificate.............................. [SUCCESS]

Return to the Target server status page, and run Software Status Polling from the Quick Launch menu or from the Options->Status Polling menu to update the software status. The Software Status shoud show Green, Yellow or Orange icon. Also if you go into the Trusted Management Server on the SMH web app for the server you should see the Certificate entry.

If this does not fix the problem, check in HPSIM under Options, Security. HP Systems Insight Manager Server Certificate to check your Certificate information.

I hope this helps.

neilthatsmyname
Occasional Advisor

You my friend are a life saver!!! Thansk for this worked a treat!!!

Neil
shark001
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I've got the same problem, importing the certificate.

Also the way by using HP SIM doesn't work, the task is ending by "access is denied" although I have the correct credentials supplied...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance!

I too am having this same issue.

After trying to import a certificate from our CA unsuccesfully we have tried to go back to using a locally created certificate and now we cant import this into the remote SMH local or by using the aboce process.

Adao Teixeira
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, works fine for me too.