1748156 Members
4108 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Need JavaScript enabled

Sam_182
Advisor

Need JavaScript enabled

HP SIM 4.2 - I am trying to access one of my server's homepage from with in CMS.

When I click on HomePage or any other links under the LINKS tab, I recieve the following message: "The HP Device Homepage requires that JavaScript be Enabled. Please Enable Javascript and Reload this Page."

I can open the homepage locally on the target server. And having Java installed on the target server doesn't seem to matter.

How can I get past this?
5 REPLIES 5
Dmitry_70
Frequent Advisor

I solved the problem installing Java runtime enviroment 1.4.2_09. You can download it from this page http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=j2re-1.4.2_09-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg
YOu need to install JRE.
Sam_182
Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

Does this need to replace the Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_02-b09) that is on my CMS?

Or does this need to be installed on the servers that have the Homepage that I am trying to contact via the CMS?

Dmitry_70
Frequent Advisor

Sam, still at first make sure your IE security settings do not prevent JavaScript execution (if you really use IE). Select Tools->Internet Options menu item, Security tab, select web content zone your target host belong to and click Custom level button. Check your scripting settings. If all settings ok, install JRE 1.4.2_09.
You do not need to remove JRE which was installed with SIM.
You need to install JRE 1.4.2_09 on the computers where you are opening homepage, not on the target servers whose homepage you are opening.
Sam_182
Advisor

Thanks.

It appears that I needed to enable all scripting.
Tommy_Myo

Hi Guys,

I just put it in trusted zone and it's working.

Thanks