1753521 Members
5307 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

New install caused 2000 cluster to fail

Dave Knispel
Occasional Advisor

New install caused 2000 cluster to fail

When I installed HP Systems Insight Manager it caused my Windows 2000 web cluster to fail. When I shutdown the server with HPSIM installed the cluster resumed functioning. What did I do wrong? I hadn't even started configuring the HPSIM software yet?
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: New install caused 2000 cluster to fail

Not sure what you mean by "web cluster." Do you mean MSCS clusters or possibly WLBS or Application Center 2000? Where was hpSIM installed (on one of the clustered servers or a separate one)?

We wouldn't recommend installing on one member of a cluster, but other than that, there's not enough information to make a guess. However, unless someone else reading the forum has run into exactly the same issue, I'd recommend turning this in to customer services so they can go through all the configuration and debugging with you and escalate the case if necessary.
Dave Knispel
Occasional Advisor

Re: New install caused 2000 cluster to fail

HPSIM was installed on a stand alone Windows 2000 system. The cluster is a 3 system Windows 2000 Advanced server cluster using IIS.

I was already running Insight Manager SP2 on the server. I uninstalled it and installed HPSIM, rebooted the box and immediately started getting calls that the web site was down.

I tried calling first to get software help but since I don't have a software support contract for Windows (I only have Unix and MPE) I was only allowed to get a quote for how much help was going to cost me.

I posted here hoping someone had seen this problem before.