4783 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

No valid working Sign-in credentials - Error

simli27
Advisor

No valid working Sign-in credentials - Error

Hey guys,

I'm running into some trouble when I want to use the "Configure or Repair Agents" function. When I run this function on a target server the task always fails with the error:

"No valid working sign-in credentials were found for the system in HP SIM. Check the Sign-in credentials by going to 'Options->Security->Credentials->System Credentials'."

In HP SIM I'm logged in as Administrator and when I configure the task I select "Use Sign-In credentials" to run the task. So I don't get the problem here...

Any suggestions?

Regards

simli27

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: No valid working Sign-in credentials - Error

Hello again Simli27,

The sign-in credentials are not your currect crentials but the stored crentials when you ran the discovery.

So it could be that you have no stored sign-in credentials for your servers.

You can check this at the second tab(tools and links) from the server you selected ad click on credentials. Here you will find snmp and/or wbem credentials and if you have a trust with the selected server.

If you add an account with admin rights to your server to the global protocol settings in Sim and run a identify, the credentials should be added to the server credentials. Do not use your own account for this as it will lockout your account when you change your own password and the identify runs from Sim. Best case you should create a service account for that.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
simli27
Advisor

Hey Andrew,

thanks for your help.

I clicked on credentials in the Tools and Links tab of the server. I attached a screenshot to show you what I can see there. So it seems like the server has got credentials or am I wrong?

Regards

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Simli27,

These are not sign-in credentials, the certificate is a kind of sign-in but you should see a user credential. So you now have snmp access and certificate. That is enough for monitoring purposes but if you want to do more like the things you want to do you need to set windows or unix credentials to run certain jobs. These settings can be set in the global credentials.

These credentials are listed as sign-in once added to your servers in the field you send a screenshot of.

Attached is a screenshot where you should set the windows sign-in under the global settings. 

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
simli27
Advisor

Hey Andrew,

I will try that today. Thanks so much for your help!

Last questions:

I need to type in the sign-in credentials of the admin account to log in to the SMH's of the discovered servers and not the local admin-accounts of the servers, right?

When I have done this I need to run the discovery task to configure the credentials?

Regards

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Simli27,

You need an account that is a member of the local admin group of the servers that you want to connect to. That can be a local admin or a domain account that has local admin rights. When you fill the credentials in sim the credentials get storend if Sim tries these credentials and can use them in a discovery or data collection job.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
simli27
Advisor

Thanks that helped and solved the problem!