6189 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant Threshold Events category missing

rob brierley
Advisor

ProLiant Threshold Events category missing

Hi

I'm trying to set up email notification for servers whose disk space passes a certain threshold, however when I go onto SIM to configure a new event (under Automatic Event Handling) I cannot see a category for ProLiant Threshold Events (specifically the Proliant Threshold Rising value)

Any ideas most welcome....

We are running SIM 5.1 SP1 on w2k3
4 REPLIES 4
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Set up your disk thresholds for your servers through the SIMS. Then set up your alert notifications to receive critical events and you get these automatically.
rob brierley
Advisor

Hi Rancher, thanks for your post

Can I just clarify this, do you mean configure the Event Filter settings to register critical events? If so, this is already in place but I still cannot see the
'ProLiant Threshold Events category' (see attached)

Thanks, Rob

Rancher Mar 16, 2009 18:09:51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Set up your disk thresholds for your servers through the SIMS. Then set up your alert notifications to receive critical events and you get these automatically.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear, which is usually the case! You need to set your disk thresholds for your servers and then if you select to be notified of all critical events, you will get the disk alerts.
To do this, go into the homepage of your server. In the Operating System box, select File System Space Used. For each drive, slide the arrow to an area for the critical notification. Save the thresholds. Then if you have your event filter set to notify you of critical alerts, you will get these automatically without setting anything else in the alert categories.
rob brierley
Advisor

Hi Rancher, thanks for your help

This is exactly as I thought. I've configured disk thresholds on the servers and specified my SIM server as the SNMP trap destination. The server is also configured to show all critical alerts, but I am not seeing any thing in the All Events message queue for when thresholds are breached. (If I send a test trap this is displayed properly however).

This has lead me down the path of looking into what MIBS are loaded etc but everything looks ok (cpqthrsh.mib is loaded)

Struggling with this one and I'm beginning to wonder whether to do a fresh install (to version 5.3) Any other ideas?