1753804 Members
7279 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with automatic event Handling

Daniele Catanesi

Problem with automatic event Handling

Hi all,

this is our problem. We have instlled Insight Manager 7 Lights out edition, we would like to be able to set a treshold for events we definied. I mean, for example I have a "Server Power Outage" event definied I would like Insight manager to log this event but notify me only if this event occur three time in one hour or something like this. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance for your kind answer.
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with automatic event Handling

Do you mean Insight Manager 7? (current version is SP2.3) "Lights-Out Edition" refers to option cards called "Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition" or RILOE.

The short answer to your question is no, IM7 doesn't have the built-in ability to count how many times an alert has been repeated and only send an email at that point.

However, there are some users of this forum who have done something similar by using application launch instead of email and using an intelligent script (in one case I believe it was Perl) to decode the text string of the alert from an environment variable and increment a counter until it reaches the pre-set threshold and then calls an email client to do the final bit.
Daniele Catanesi

Re: Problem with automatic event Handling

Ok thanks a lot, you're right I was reading something about Lights out edition while posting and so :) Ok we've decided to leave things the they are... We're using IM 7 in a transaction moment, waiting to have purchased the management pack for MOM.

Anyway thanks a lot for the reply