108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM 5.0 Navigator timeout

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

SIM 5.0 Navigator timeout

I am getting timeouts in the navigator in SIN 5.0 after the CMS has been running for say 12 hours, the problem does not seem to be solved by restarting SIM but restarting the entire server works fine.

Anyway what I wanted to check is if this could be related to the number of devices in the navigator, i.e. the fact that all queries there can be expanded down to device level, and if it is possible to prevent this so that you can only see the query name in the navigator and the systems in the main page, in the SIM 4.x style ?
3 REPLIES 3
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM 5.0 Navigator timeout

Well..there is a way for that. On the Systems and Events Panel, click on "Customize...". Select the collection that you don't want to be displayed and then click on "Set Properties...". Then set the "Visible" property to "No, do not show item in the Systems and Events panel" and then click on "Ok". You can then observe that the collection is not displayed on the panel.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Yes, I've tested that and I really did not see the point of it, since if it's not visible in the panel no-one can use it.

And it actually just hides the entire query, what I'm rather looking for is the SIM 4 style navigator where the query cannot be expanded in the navigator menu, i.e. to remove the "+" sign on queries that do not have sub-queries but only have devices as "sub-elements" (if you understand my english, not sure if I translate this properly).
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor
Solution

Got your point. That is not possible in HPSIM 5.0 :(