108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management Homepage

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Holt_1
Occasional Contributor

System Management Homepage

I am trying to access some of the servers on our network that are reporing faults, but the standard system management password does not work. I believe that a folder or a number of files can be copied from a server where it works onto one that doesn't to cure the problem, but I don't know which files are required. Can anyone tell me or know if there is an easier method. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: System Management Homepage

Copy:
C:\compaq\wbem\cpqhmmd.acl from a known system. You may need to stop / start the agents.
John DeYoung
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same problem with some system management homepages as well as the version control repository. How do you set these passwords? I was never prompted to do so on installation.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

John:

Check out the "ProLiant Support Pack Users Guide" at ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/manage/psp-users-guide.pdf It covers the subject in detail.
John DeYoung
Occasional Contributor

I can't find the answer in this document. To install the RDU I need to log in to the version control repository. I can't do that because I don't know the password. I was never prompted to create one on installation. I tried using a bland password, adminstrator as a password, my local administrator password, but nothing works. I tried changing the version control repository service to use the local admin password but that didn't work.
John DeYoung
Occasional Contributor

I copied the cpqhmmd.acl from a system with a password that works, rebooted, but I still cannot log in. I am attempting to run insight manager 7 sp2.3 and the repository on a workstation. Does this configuration not work?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

If you use Smart Start, there is a question for the password for the Agents.

For the last question, IM is supported on most Workstations but at this point we're not necessarily talking about IM we're talking about the Management Agents.

The Password for login to IM is the domain (or local admin)account and password you used to install IM. Once logged on using that you can add additional accounts. When logging on from a domain be sure to include the domain in the last box.

For the Agents there are three accounts / passwords, Administrator, Operator and User it is these accounts whose passwords are controlled by the file listed above.

You might want to open a new thread clearly defining your problem.
Colin Weaver
Frequent Advisor

I am not sure if this is still the case but there was a little bug in IE6 that caused a problem with Insight Manager authentication if you have server names with underscores in them - it showed up as if you have the Administrator password wrong for the Web Agent access - especially if you have already copied an ACL file with a known password and still can't login

Fix/WorkAround was to set your Options-Security-System Link Configuration to use the IP address rather than the systems full DNS name (note this setting was in a slightly different location in CIM7)