1752802 Members
5546 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Trust issue with VCM agent on Win2K

Rick_133
Occasional Contributor

Trust issue with VCM agent on Win2K

I am having a trust issue with several win2k managed clients.

I have the trust setup to certs and the system homepage single login works fine, but the VCM agent requires a password, and has a blue dot in the console which on a mouseover indicates trust issues.

I have reinstalled the VCM agent several times, but have not been successfull.

The issue is happening on dl360G3 and ML570 systems, while these same system types identically configured are functioning correctly.

Thanks,

Rick
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

There are two different communications that have to be set up for software status.

First, your hpSIM must be trusted by the agent and second the VCA must have a valid login/password combination to contact your VCRM.

If you can click on the server's HW icon and get to the agent with administrator privileges without logging in separately to the agent, you have trust properly configured. Once there at the agent, choose the VCA link and go the change agent settings. The first thing you need to do is to confirm the login to the VCRM.

Once that is all working, the Software Status Polling task needs to run It is set by default to run only every 2 weeks, but you can trigger it manually.
Rick_133
Occasional Contributor

My problem is that when I browse to the homepage for the device, I get in without a password, but when I browse to the VCA I get prompted for a password, which is the same as for homepage, and when I provide that password to VCA, I get in, and the inventory and connection to the VCR is functioning properly. I have reset the VCA to point to the VCR several times and saved the settings, but every time I go back in it asks me for a password.

Is there a way to set the password for access to a device VCA seperate from the homepage ?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

A little background on the actual architecture of the agents...

Each of what we call an "agent" (Insight agent, Survey, VCA, VCRM) is also known as a hyper-media management object or HMMO. Each HMMO is designed to be installed independently or in any order. Because of that, each one loads up an HTTP server of its own. However, during startup, whichever HMMO loads first makes its HTTP server the 'master' and event though each subsequent one loads into memory, they are non-functional. Even so, the place where each one would look for stuff such as password is the same file in the same directory, so that can't be it.

The only way to force the VCA to be the first would be to go into the services and disable all the others so VCA was the only one active, but I think you'll get the same result.

What I am wondering is whether or not this would do anything--do you have READ/WRITE enabled for your SNMP service?