108811 Solutions
New Discussion

VCRM deletes servers during validation process

simli27
Advisor

VCRM deletes servers during validation process

Hi guys,

I have got another question or problem.

During the validation process that the VCRM starts automatically the VCRM deletes some servers from its repository.

Example:

Before the validation there are 79 VCA's connected to the VCRM and after the validation finished there are only 50 VCA's connected to the VCRM.

There shouldn't be any problems with the VCA's itself but I don't know why VCRM disconnects them. Is this a known issue and can anyone provide me some solutions?

Many thanks!

Regards

simli27

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: VCRM deletes servers during validation process

Hello again,

I've seen this lost of times. Sometimes it helps if i restart the server but i think that's a crappy solution.

I guess that 's Just an other bug.... I'll check tomorrow with my setup. Your're using the latest VCRM ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
simli27
Advisor

Hi Andrew,

I tried a restart but it didn't help. Yes I'm using the 7.2 version.

Well not very smart if I run into so many bugs with the software. Honestly I was expecting more from it.

Thanks so much for your effort again!

Regards

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Simli27,

I checked on my config and i have quite a lot of server that have not contacted the VCRM. I would not worry that much about this. HP is moving away from this model. In the near future it seems that you will be pushing the updates from SIM (by HP SUM) and baselines are configured in de SIM application. When this works you don't need to configure baselines in de VCA on de target servers just in SIM.

But unfortunatly this feature needs more work and is also not bug free. I hope Hp will continue to support as they are starting with a replacment for SIM, that is Oneview. Sadly this software is no longer free and has a lot of extra features that not everybody needs....

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
simli27
Advisor

Hi Andrew,

ok I understand. Thanks for your effort.

So if I understand you correctly the HP SUM tool is an alternative to the VCRM?

Do you think using only the HP SUM tool and not the VCRM is a bether solution to upgrade a big group of more than 100 servers?

Is HP SUM just a tool to start from an USB-Stick or can I install it locally?

Regards

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Simli27,

The VCRM is a repository that the vca connects to to update. The repository can also be used to push the update to the destination server. When you use hpsum you can update just the local machine or several remote servers and the local machine. Hpsum is available in a windows and Linux version. If you use the bootable ISO you can also update ESX servers firmware. The ISO starts hpsum to do an interactive or automatic firmware update, if you run it from the running OS it can be used to update the whole SPP and remote machines.

If you need more info, just let me know.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew