108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VCRM invalid or not reachable from all VCA's

SOLVED
Go to solution
d8taslay3r
Occasional Contributor

VCRM invalid or not reachable from all VCA's

I am having an issue with the Version Control Repository Manager version 7.3. None of my Version Control Agents are able to communicate with it. When attempting to go through the VCA settings to save the new VCRM I get the message "The specified repository, servername.domainname.com, is invalid or not reachable."

This seems to have started happening after upgrading HP SIM and VCRM from 7.2 to 7.3 but I can't pinpoint the exact point in time that everything broke. Point is it used to work this way in the past and stopped.

HP SIM 7.3 and VCRM 7.3 are installed on the same 2008 R2 server. All the server agents can talk to HP SIM just fine. I am using username/password authentication for the VCA and I have verified the account has admin rights to the VCRM server OS.  I have tried using certificate authentication as well with the same resulting error message about the VCRM being invalid or unreachable.

To troubleshoot I even built a brand new server from scratch, installed HP SIM 7.3 and VCRM 7.3 (from scratch), and have the same issue.

What can I do to troubleshoot this? 

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

17 REPLIES 17
ChrisAbbott
Advisor

I have exactly the same problem. Been pulling my hair out for the last three days trying to fix it.

Not only can none of the VCA's talk to it, the local VCA running on the VCRM server can't talk to it locally even with localhost.

I have tried configuring via Certificate and Login, neither work.

Looks to me like VCRM 7.3 is fundementally broken.

ChrisAbbott
Advisor

Ok, this works...

Manually update your VCA's to 7.3.0.0 and they can then talk to the VCRM.

However, according to another thread here (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/HP-Version-Control-issues-after-upgrade-from-version-7-2-2-0-to/td-p/6319379#.Ut02qPRFDyM), this new version has issues with firmware and BIOS updates not being shown.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

Looks a lot like the problem below:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/HP-Version-Control-issues-after-upgrade-from-version-7-2-2-0-to/td-p/6319379

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
wderr

Hey guys,

I can just confirm Chris's approach to download the current version of vca 7.3.0.0 and install/update this on your managend systems. I also had to fight with your problems, but after I updated vca 7.2.0.0 to 7.3.0.0 it works well.

regards

wderr

d8taslay3r
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Support came back with the below commands to run on the HP VCRM server itself. It seems that HP removed some acceptable ciphers from 7.3 and that prevented the communication from earlier versions that were using communication not allowed by 7.3

C:\HP\hpsmh\bin>smhconfig.exe -Z ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:!EXPORT40:DES-CBC3-SHA:RC4-MD5:RC4-SHA:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:-SSLv2:+EXP:!LOW:!eNULL:!aNULL

C:\HP\hpsmh\bin>smhconfig.exe –r

After this I was able to have them communicate successfully.

This type of problem is very frustrating since it basically say that HP never did any kind of real testing before they released version 7.3.

Richhimself
Occasional Visitor

Worked perfectly! Thanks so much!
cl12253

C:\HP\hpsmh\bin>smhconfig.exe -Z ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:!EXPORT40:DES-CBC3-SHA:RC4-MD5:RC4-SHA:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:-SSLv2:+EXP:!LOW:!eNULL:!aNULL

C:\HP\hpsmh\bin>smhconfig.exe –r

Worked for me, too.  HUGE pull - THANKS!!

CEVA_IT
Frequent Visitor

Worked for us, Thanks a million!!!

bmorph

Thanks, that command resolved my issue as well!

Thanks HP!  Seems like I end up pulling out my hair everytime I work w/SIM updates.