3880 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VCRM trust problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
abarclay

VCRM trust problem

I am new to Systems Insight Manager and cannot seem to find clear instructions on how to install this product. When I try to install an initial PSP I see the local Version Control Repository on the CMS machine but it shows it as not trusted. Error retrieving catalog. Be sure a trust relationship is established with the repository device.

How do I establish this trust? If I click Configure, I get invited to login to the local system management homepage as administrator, so I do but see no options to configure a trust. I have been playing with this for a few days now.

Many thanks,

Alasdair
8 REPLIES 8
Pat Wilson
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: VCRM trust problem

In the system management homepage of the client, click on the Settings tab, the HTTP Server -> Options. Scroll down a bit under the 'Configuration Options' and change the 'Trust Mode' to 'Trust by Certificate', and save. Then go to 'Trusted Certificates'(still on HTTP Server -> Options), enter the name of the CMS machine, and click 'Get Cert'. Review the displayed certificate info, and click 'Add Cert'. Now if you return to the 'Trusted Certificates' you should see the name of your CMS displayed.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Also, the mechanism to access the VCRM from the VCA is a bit different.

You do need to enter the Agent Administrator Account and Password of the Server the VCRM is located on from the Server you're configuring. It uses these to access the VCRM. Once done, you can then set a reference paq.
Finally you'll need to run the Software Polling task to update the status on the IM Display.
abarclay

Thanks for that, it works fine now. Somehow missed that option ...

Sorry for the delay in thanking you, I temporarily mislaid my login info!

Alasdair
Mark Nottingham_1

Hi, I also have a trust problem with an older Windows NT server. I don't get the same homepage that I get with newer Windows 2000 servers, and the HTTP Server menu is not there at all. Is there anything I can do? Many thanks, Mark
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

That is not strictly an NT4 issue, it's to do with the version of the Agents.
The older Agents did not have the same VCA.

So what version of the Agents are on the machine?

6.30A is the latest softpaq for NT4 and works for all Servers except for some older Servers where you have to stay at an older version of the System Management Driver.
Mark Nottingham_1

Ah, that would be the problem then. The current version is 5.2 and I have been trying to install the agents from v 7. I'll download 6.30 and see how that goes, thanks.
Mark
Jason Sarre
Advisor

With the new HP SIM you sometimes need to put in the following if you are trusting by name; SERVERNAME, SERVERNAME.COMPANY.COM
When I changed from Insight Manger 7 sp2.3 to HP SIM it stopped working with just the Servername, it needed the full DNS name. Another option is use Certificates, it gets around most problems with not trusted errors.
Al Lui

After pulling my hair out for the past day and reading through the forums I finally got a check box under the SW column! I went to the client system management and added the SIM cert to list of trusted certs (trust by cert only). Then ran the Option -> Status Polling -> Software Status Polling just as Rob suggested. Viola... green check mark showed up instead of the infamous i. The documentation needs this step added. Thanks for the help, gentleman.
Drive it like you stole it!