Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748180 Members
4410 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

critical software update notification - automate install?

andoni papaleontiou_1
Occasional Advisor

critical software update notification - automate install?

we keep getting critical software update notification trap emails and i would like to automate their software installation. I wanted to ask a couple of questions about these updates.

1. how can i configure HPSIM to automatically update the baseline PSP version to the newest version for every server. Does this matter?
2. how can i configure HPSIM to automatically install the latest firmware, software and drivers for all HP servers we have listed on SIM?

Thanks

Andoni
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: critical software update notification - automate install?

I'm not sure you'd really want to do either.

You can automatically download updates to the VCRM. But you can't automatically update the baseline.
What you can do is update the baseline on one server and then replicate that. You might only do that once you've tested the new PSP on test / dev servers.

Again, HPSIm will not automatically deploy any software. You can scheduled tasks to do specific updates. I always want to have some visibility of firmware / driver deployments etc. they don't always behave as expected.
andoni papaleontiou_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: critical software update notification - automate install?

hi rob

thanks for your response, much appreciated. i kind of guessed that number 1 would not be possible. Scheduled component installation across many servers at once is something i'd very much like to look into however, as it will help our guys out immeasurably.

how do i create a scheduled task to update specific software? specifically, i'm trying to update the firmware, drivers and software for the NICs on various servers at once?

thanks

andoni