1753604 Members
6490 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO and Host Association Issue

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

iLO and Host Association Issue

I have a new SIM 7.4 installation and am seeing an issue with about 20 servers where the iLO and host association is not working.  These are all ESXi hosts, so there is no SMH available.

The error I get during discovery is this:

"Minor:    The discovered management processor is not associated with its server. Verify that the supported management processor firmware  version is installed."

In the iLO settings (these are all Gen8/iLO4's and I am using agentless management), I have the XML option turned on to send all data and the XML response works if I click the link in the iLO itself.  SNMP settings, etc, are all standard as I use a PowerShell script to configure everything.  The firmware versions vary between 1.10, 1.40, and 1.51.  The only common element is that these are all blades (660c and 460c).  All the 360p machines we have work just fine.  I have also tried discovering the OA of the blade enclosures, but it gets me to the same point when the iLOs are discovered individually.   This does not happen on all blades as I've gotten about 70% of them done without major issues.

I have reset the iLOs, i have recycled the hp-ams daemon on the hosts, and i have re-run my configuration script and discovered these servers about 3-4 times now and the result has been the same.

Does anyone see anything I have missed, or is there some other issue with blades?  The only autoconfiguration the iLOs really get are the IPs and network information, that I can see.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Did you install your ESX servers with the HP image? If the wbem agent is installed on the ESX server separate or with the image you can use root or root like accounts to discover the server. If the server is discovered you should be able to see the attributes like serialnumber and bios info.
Kind regards,

Andrew
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Yes, we use the ISO and then the full bundle is updated as new versions come out.

Strangely, this only occurs on blades with high frequency, so i must assume it is something in the OA/iLO configuration that is preventing this from working properly.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

did you install the ESX server with the ofline bundle? This bubdle contains WBEM agents for monitoring and datacollection.

Kind regards,

Andrew
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse -

What I am trying to do is use AMS + iLO for discoveries and these are all Windows machines.  The ESX hosts actually worked very nicely.  I updated all the Windows machines myself with AMS v10 and most (not all) have the full agents as well (part of the standard build).  I don't particularly care about the full agents going forward as I want this all to work with just AMS.

So.. these are blades running Windows with AMS v10.  I could update the agents but I don't want to have to do that - however perhaps there is some issue there preventing this from working (maybe just remove agents on a server to see what happens).

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

i will setup some servers to use the agent less option to see what happens on Windows servers. I've only used it on ESX  servers so far. It's about time to configure the Gen8 servers to the new way, will get back yo you on tuesday.

Kind regards,

Andrew