New Discussion юеВ

Re: "All Systems" list empty even though DB contains lots of entries

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tom_437
Occasional Advisor

"All Systems" list empty even though DB contains lots of entries

Hi,

I have been given an Insight manager 4.2 SP2 installation to manage. I understood that it had been setup with many servers in the systems lists for Linux and Windows, corresponding to our racks of servers.

However these lists are now completely blank, with no entries. I can see that the CMS server is talking to the servers via SNMP on the correct community string, and I can ping the servers that are supposed to be in the lists from the CMS. But still no servers show in the systems list.

Am I doing something silly here?

Thanks,

Tom
4 REPLIES 4
Tom_437
Occasional Advisor

I disabled the filter on the discovery, and manually ran a discovery - Nothing was added.

I also tried to manually add servers, but first it replies adding the server, and on subsequent tries it returns;
"The system could not be added for the following reasons:

A system already exists with the name you provided. Please use a unique name. "

But nada in the system list
sandu_1
Valued Contributor
Solution

Check if you have proper authorizations granted to access the machines. If not grant authorizations to the user on all the nodes from "users and authorizations" page and execute some system lists, say "All Systems".
Tom_437
Occasional Advisor

In the users list there were 2 entries for the admin user I was using. It seems that was causing a conflict for the Authorizations.

Once one of those was deleted, all the system entries returned to the the list.

Genius!

Thanks,

Tom
Abdul Elabbar
Occasional Advisor

i have a similar problem on 5.0 actually, after discovering the systems i dont get them on the left window or when i click on all systems. but when i search for a name it brings it up and i can use it from there.