Operating System - HP-UX
1753448 Members
4861 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't boot after ignite recovery: ALERT LEVEL: 6 = Boot possible, pending failure

Mikikiki
Frequent Advisor

Can't boot after ignite recovery: ALERT LEVEL: 6 = Boot possible, pending failure

Dear All,

I have problem with cloning system from ignite tape. There is no error in ignite log however system can not boot hpux.

Fw versions are same on both production and standby server. It is rp2470 server running hpux11.00 with lvm mirroring.

Both servers have same hw configuration.

Despite of ignite log, on the GSP log I could find this:

SYSTEM NAME: mcnfwim1
DATE: 07/27/2003 TIME: 10:18:49
ALERT LEVEL: 6 = Boot possible, pending failure - action required

SOURCE: 8 = I/O
SOURCE DETAIL: 6 = disk SOURCE ID: 0
PROBLEM DETAIL: 0 = no problem detail

CALLER ACTIVITY: 1 = test STATUS: 0
CALLER SUBACTIVITY: 0B = implementation dependent
REPORTING ENTITY TYPE: 0 = system firmware REPORTING ENTITY ID: 00

0x00000060860010B0 00000000 00000000 type 0 = Data Field Unused
0x58000860860010B0 00006706 1B0A1231 type 11 = Timestamp 07/27/2003 10:18:49
Type CR for next entry, - CR for previous entry, Q CR to quit.

I assume that I have some hdd problem but could not find if there is solution for it.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Can't boot after ignite recovery: ALERT LEVEL: 6 = Boot possible, pending failure

Better to continue your previous thread, nobody knows about the background and history if you open another new thread.
However, if you suspect the disk, I would try to start a recovery shell and test the disk with "dd" for example. You can also try to do a cold install, just to confirm this works.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Mikikiki
Frequent Advisor

Re: Can't boot after ignite recovery: ALERT LEVEL: 6 = Boot possible, pending failure

Hi Torsten,

I was thinking this is another problem that is why I oppened another thread. Regarding cold install I can confirm that it is working. From cold instaaled server I did recovery tape with the same command and it is working perfectly. But when I try to clone the production server it is not working.

Can you please lead me to do recovery shell to try to rebuild kernell or only critical files. I tried but as I mentioned in my previous replies there was no good manual to do this.

If you think there is something else please advice.

Br,