108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Can you place HP-UX ignite backups on a Linux server

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

Can you place HP-UX ignite backups on a Linux server

We have several HP-UX servers.    I have configured one of them to be the ignite server.   But because he is the ignite server, he cannot be a client.      Can I configure a Linux server to the the HP-UX ignite backup server instead?

Hustle Makes things happen
2 REPLIES 2
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Can you place HP-UX ignite backups on a Linux server

There is a package called Ignite-LUX but it is only available with the CMS product. And it is only functional for Itanium/Integrity clients - PARISC is not supported.

The easiest solution is to create another Ignite server to backup your primary Ignite box. But this is not ideal in case of a disaster (such and smoke and rubble at the data center). For a proper DR, the primary Ignite server should have a tape drive and the backup tapes kept offsite.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

Re: Can you place HP-UX ignite backups on a Linux server

The backup tapes drive we have is LTO on a SAN, not directly connected.     So Configuration Mangement System is something I would have to install on both the Linux and the Integritiy servers?    Do not know much about CMS yet, is that going expensive be expensive?   If so might have to purchase a directly connected tape drive.   thanks for your input  :)

John 

Hustle Makes things happen