New Discussion

Cloning of Vpar OS - root disk size

SOLVED
Go to solution
sahir_1
Frequent Advisor

Cloning of Vpar OS - root disk size

Hi Admins,

I have 2 npars each has 3 vpar each. I wanted to restore a vpar2 OS on npar0 to vpar1 on npar1. My source OS has 300gb Harddisk and destination only 70gb. I tried ignite restore but after successful image restore lots of files under / filesystem is found misssing. And also /var and /home is not restored. I managed adjust the filesystem sizes while doing ignite. 

I used "make_net_recovery -s servername" command to take the backup. Please guide me how can I go ahead to do successful restore without losing data.

Sahir

3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Cloning of Vpar OS - root disk size

A couple of things to verify:

1) Make sure your LV sizes all fit on the 70 GB disk drives.

2) Make sure the amount of data you have will fit in the LVs when sized for the 70 GB drives. 

Did you receive any errors when restoring the data?  Anything like out of space?

What version of Ignite are you using?

pradeep m
Respected Contributor
Solution

>>  "make_net_recovery -s servername" 

The above comand doesn't take a complete backup vg00. This command takes only a partial/minimal backup of vg00 that would help the system to boot.. 

Inorder to perform a complete vg00 backup use any of the below commands: 

# make_net_recovery -s <IUXServer name> -Av 

or 

Run the below command to start the ignite-ux network backup in interactive mode..

# make_net_recovery -s <IUXServer name> -i 

Refere the below snapshot for interactive ignite-ux network backup.

Capture.JPG

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Also pls refer the below web link for any step by step configuration & troubleshooting of HP Ignite-UX.

Click here to access HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details