7320 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

ERROR: Failed to copy config.sys

tsunix-pdm-1
Advisor

ERROR: Failed to copy config.sys

Hi,

When trying to add a new client for recovery from Ignite server I've got this error:

ERROR:   ERROR: Failed to copy config.sys from /opt/ignite/boot/Rel_B.11.31/IINSTALLFS on "IGNITE_SERVER". You
         must use the '-R release' option to specify a release that is supported by "IGNITE_SERVER". On "IGNITE_SERVER" list the     contents of /opt/ignite/boot to determine the supported releases.

I uninstalled ignite-ux software from client thinking Ignite-Server was going to install software in client again, but same error received. Does anybody know how to add the client ??

regards,

1 REPLY 1
pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Re: ERROR: Failed to copy config.sys

Hi,

Make sure you have the complete Ignite-UX bundle with Installation utilities for 11.11, 11.23 and 11.31 are installed on the Ignite-UX server. 

Refer the below output for reference: 

# swlist -l bundle | grep -i ignite

IGNITE                C.7.13.259     HP-UX Installation Utilities (Ignite-UX)

Ignite-UX-11-11       C.7.13.259     HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.11 Systems

Ignite-UX-11-23       C.7.13.259     HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.23 Systems

Ignite-UX-11-31       C.7.13.259     HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.31 Systems

For example: 

If your Ignite-UX server is running HP-UX11.23 and if you try to recover a client running HP-UX 11.31, you would need to have the "HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.31 Systems" installed on the Ignite-UX server. Without this the recovery would fail. 

So please make sure that you have installed the appropriate ignite client HP-UX verion Installation utilities installed and then proceed with the recovery. 

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details