1748078 Members
5319 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Help with HP-UX Ignite...

dwygonow
Visitor

Help with HP-UX Ignite...

I am new to ignite and am looking to automate/script clean installs of the os from CLI.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

4 REPLIES 4
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

This is probably the best place to start:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=64255&prodSeriesId=4077173&prodTypeId=18964

If that link doesnt work for you go to www.hp.com/go/bizsupport - click on Manuals and then search for "ignite-ux"

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Thi s is easy to remember:  www.hp.com/go/ignite-ux

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
dwygonow
Visitor

Thank you for the response.  After contemplating the task a bit more, I was also wondering if there is a way to remotely "Initiate a Complex Configuration" via command from a different server.  Again, I am looking to automate and would like to script this to genesis several servers via a script from a single system.  Hope this makes sense.  Please let me know if you need further information.

Thank you.

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Sorry for the late reply....

your context suggests that you wish to create a "genesis" partition on a cell based server.  In other words you want to create a new partition on a server that currently has no configuration, and thus no OS, or you want to replace the current configuration with a new one.  I guess more details are needed to determine what you are looking to do exactly.

If my assumption is true, then the means to create a genisis partition is done through the MP of that server using the CC command.  In order to script this you would need to be able to login to each MP, initiate command mode and run the CC command.  Then you need to provide answers to prompts such as which cell slot to use (this answer can differ between models) and confirmation requests.  You also will need to ensure that the cell boards are powered on and at a Boot Is Blocked state.

If you are talking about a few servers it really may be easier just to access their MP LAN's individually and perform the task manually.

Now if you meant something entirely different such as pushing an Ignite/UX install to several systems then yes, this is done using a  Golden Image which is referenced in the documentation mentioned above.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!