5650 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IGNITE recovery issue

vijay alur alur
Frequent Advisor

IGNITE recovery issue

Hello All,

I am having an ignite server which is 11.31 and an ignite client which is 11.23. i have a successfull ignite backup of the 11.23 client on 11.31 ignite server. For testing i tried to recover the server from the recovery image from the ignite server which was successfull using push install. Now i am trying to do an ignite restore from the ignite client by rebooting and interupting the boot process, goto PDC and enter the SEARCH command to list the available boot path's. So ideally it should give me the LAN device in the search. but i do not get any LAN device in the search list.

Want to know how can i get the LAN boot path of the ignite server on the PDC menu of the client server which i want to recover using ignite?

attaching file with outputs.

Please help.

Lead Engineer, IMS.
iGATE
4 REPLIES 4
pradeep m
Respected Contributor

You might be experiencing this issue if in case the Ignite-UX server and the client are in different networks. 

In such scenario, the search lan install would fail. 

In such case, you need to configure the "boothelper" in the client network to get connected to the Ignite-UX server to complete the recovery. 

Run the below command to direct the installation to a boot helper:

BOOT ADMIN> boot lan.192.10.18.156 install

where 192.10.18.156 is the IP of the Ignite-UX boot helper. The client will be booted from the boot helper and then redirected to the Ignite-UX server to complete the installation.

For step by step configuration of boot helper and other Ignite-UX configuration please refer the HP Ignite-UX Guided troubleshooting.

Click here to access HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

pradeep m
Respected Contributor

You can refer the HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting from the below link which has the step by step instructions for most common configuration and troubleshooting.

Click here to view HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting

From the above link, go to "Configuration / How-To Guide" -> Choose "System Recovery" -> Choose "Ignite-UX Network Recovery" to view the steps to perform a network recovery from Ignite-UX server.

To access all other available HP Guided Troubleshooting guides, visit:

www.hp.com/support/hpgt and choose the appropriate products.

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base

vijay alur alur
Frequent Advisor

Hello Pradeep,

First of all thanks a lot for your reply.

based on the current situation, i should go with the boot helper for recovering an ignite.

so a boot helper can be any server running HPUX??

I am following the configuring boot helper in the link http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=4077173

i am looking at the steps to follow once i am done with the configuration part of the boot helper. Will update if i find it.

Thanks for your help!

Lead Engineer, IMS.
iGATE
pradeep m
Respected Contributor

>> so a boot helper can be any server running HPUX??

Yes, you can configure Boot helper on any HP-UX server. But make sure the boothelper server and Ignite-UX client system are in the same network. 

Once you have the boot helper confirgured, you can use the below command from Ignite-UX client system to proceed with the network recovery. 

Main Menu> boot lan.<boothelper_ip> install

This would transfer the Ignite-UX boot program files to the client.

IMPORTANT: In Network Configuration window, make sure the correct Ignite-UX Server IP and Gateway IP addresses are defined, if not update the same and follow the instructions to complete the Ignite-UX network recovery. 

Please refer Ignite-UX Network recovery page and Ignite-UX server configuration page in HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting for detailed information:

Use the below navigation in the HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshootng:

>> Ignite-UX Network recovery:

From HP Ignite-UX GT -> Choose Configuration / How-To Guide -> System Recovery ->  Network Recovery 

>> Verifying Ignite-UX Server Side Configuration: 

From HP Ignite-UX GT -> Choose Troubleshooting Guide -> Verifying Ignite-UX Server Side Configuration

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee