1748088 Members
5147 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Iginte server backup failed.

arunaphcl
Advisor

Iginte server backup failed.

Techies, Pls find the error and let me know how to resolve this issue..

* Creating NFS mount directories for configuration files.

======= 04/04/13 12:28:29 EDT Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery. (Thu Apr 04 12:28:29 EDT 2013)
@(#)Ignite-UX Revision C.7.14.274
@(#)ignite/net_recovery (opt) Revision: /branches/IUX_RA1203/ignite/src@84460 Last Modified: 2012-02-24 09:31:30 +0530 (Fri, 24 Feb 2012)

* Checking Versions of Recovery Tools
ERROR: The list_expander command failed. This could be due to a problem with the -x options specified - Check the existence of the included device(s).

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Iginte server backup failed.

Please post the exact make_net_recovery command you ran. 

The error mentions that there could be a problem with the '-x' options you specified.  Without seeing those, there's not much to say yet.

>>ERROR: The list_expander command failed. This could be due to a problem with the -x options specified - Check the existence of the included device(s).

arunaphcl
Advisor

Re: Iginte server backup failed.

Hi Patrik,

Pls find the below command which we run from the server.

/opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s puinfapp01 -x inc_entire=vg00 -x exclude=/usr/sap

and one more thing,I got below  error when i execute /opt/ignite/lbin/list_expander -s command.

ERROR:   Essential /dev is invalid because /dev is not a valid file or directory.

when I commented out /dev on /var/opt/ignite/recovery/mnr_essentials file backup run successfully..

I know this is not the correct step as /dev file is essentail for ignite bakcup

could you please check the same.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Ignite server backup failed

>when I commented out /dev on /var/opt/ignite/recovery/mnr_essentials file backup run successfully.

Are there any non directory or non device files under /dev/?

find /dev -type f

arunaphcl
Advisor

Re: Ignite server backup failed

Yes, I oculd find one map file by running the command which you have noted here, Issue stiil exist even after deletiong the same.