4737 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Ignite-UX Golden Image - Archive on Tape

Robert_Honore
Occasional Advisor

Ignite-UX Golden Image - Archive on Tape

Hello, folks,

I am attempting to clone an HP-UX server (cluster member).  I do not have an HP-UX server with resources to work as an Ignite-UX server, and the golden archive created with make_sys_image is too large to fit on to a DVD.  I therefore had to store the golden archive on tape.  Now here's my problem.

I want to use make_media_install to prepare a bootable DVD, which I can use to restore the content of the golden archive from the tape.  I couldn't find any documentation specific to what I am attempting.  Is what I am attempting supported?  If it is, how should I get it done?  If it isn't supported, what should I do?  I don't have resources to build an ignite server.

2 REPLIES 2
pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Re: Ignite-UX Golden Image - Archive on Tape

Ignite-UX provides 2 methods to clone a system.
1. The more flexible and complex golden image method
2. A much simpler method is to use either make_net_recovery or make_tape_recovery.

In your case you can use make_tape_recovery to clone the system.

For more details about pros and cons of the above 2 methods, refer the Page No: 214 in Ignite-UX admin guide in the below link

Click here view Ignite-UX Admin Guide

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Re: Ignite-UX Golden Image - Archive on Tape

For most common Ignite-UX Server configruation and troubleshooting, refer the HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting:

Click here to access HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting (HPGT)

To access all the available HPGT, go to www.hp.com/support/hpgt and navigate across the product to view the Guided troubleshooting.

For example, to view Ignite-UX GT, From the above link -> Choose Software -> Software Deployment -> HP Ignite-UX

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details