108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Ignite backup find_files command fails status 141

SOLVED
Go to solution
Frank Copeland
Advisor

Mr. Handly I thank you much for your suggestions and I owe you some points for trying. You were at the same disadvantage I was on this in that you couldn't actually SEE the DDS tapes being used for the backup. The machine room/data center is across town for me and in cyberspace to you which put us both in the wrong perspective. The problem is indeed media after all. I was trying to get the Ignite backups for our new "itanium-integrity" servers (I left that out didn't I, silly me) on the old tapes we used to run our "PA Risc" Ignite backups on. That rotation of tapes included both DDS2 and DDS3 tapes. vg00 on the new servers have enough extra data and larger files stored on them that, even with compression, do not fit on a DDS2 tape. After this realization I switched tapes out yesterday (made them all DDS3) and I now have 3 successful Ignite tape backups of the 3 servers. Special thanks to a back level support team at HP for getting me to check on that.
Frank Copeland
Advisor

Also thanks Hasan for your note. You nailed it as well as back level did. The tapes our operator placed in each of the drives on Wednesday night were all DDS2 (small capacity) tapes. If I worked in the same building as the server I would have easily walked into the data center and pulled out the tapes to examine. Then seeing all 3 were OLD tapes I probably would have just changed them out for the sake of change. But I may not have thought about the extra capacity being stored from IA servers and just thought it was a media problem. Problem would have come back to bite again. No more. I will be flushing all DDS2 tapes from our media pool now.