New Discussion

Re: Ignite monthly Cleanup

SOLVED
Go to solution
Team_of_5
Advisor

Ignite monthly Cleanup

Hi,

I wished to keep only one archive image of the server on ignite server. The default value of number of archives is 2, I need to change this default value to 1. Is there any option???

Note: we have found there is an option of -n in make_net_recovery for restricting number of archives, other than this any other option to change the default value to 1.

[

* -n number_archives
      Specifies the number of archives that should remain on the
      server at any given time.  The default is two (2).  If
      number_archives is two and there are already two archives
      present when a third is being created, make_net_recovery
      will remove the oldest archive after successfully creating
      the newest archive.]

6 REPLIES 6
pradeep m
Respected Contributor

You can also update the number of archives value in the /var/opt/ignite/clients/0xLLA/recovery/defaults file.

NOTE: The defaults file stores input specified by interacting with the make_net_recovery GUI. Options are

preserved until the next archive is generated by interacting with the GUI. Command-line options will override settings in the defaults file.

The full path for the defaults file is /var/opt/ignite/clients/0xLLA/recovery/defaults on the Ignite-UX server. 

Output of Defaults file:
###### defaults file ######
RECOVERY_LOCATION=15.1.2.3:/var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/client_name
RECOVERY_DESCRIPTION="Recovery Archive"
SAVE_NUM_ARCHIVES=2
ARCHIVE_TYPE=tar

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Team_of_5
Advisor

Hi Pradeep,
This is an informative one, but only few client recovery archive is only "defults" file. Whether we need create the default file or not.
pradeep m
Respected Contributor
Solution

The "defaults" file is created automatically for each Ignite-UX client once the make_net_recovery is initiated. The values specified in the make_net_recovery GUI is preserved in the defaults file. 

Hope I answered your question.

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Team_of_5
Advisor

Hi Pradeep,

thanks for your reply!!

We are taking monthly backup for all the servers which configured in ignite server, but Im not able to see the "defaults" file in any of the client folder [/var/opt/ignite/clients/<Client Mac Address>/recovery/].

will it work if we created the file manually.

NOTE: we are not at all using GUI method, always firing ignite through command line [Usiing make_net_recovery].

Regards,

Team_of_5

Chirag Parikh
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Look for /var/opt/ignite/recovery/defaults file, it should have SAVE_NUM_ARCHIVE=2 which means Ignite server will keep two copies of ignite backup for each clients.

Thanks & Regards,

Chirag Parikh

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

>> Using make_net_recovery...

Since you are running the backup from the command line (I assume from cron), then just add the -n 1 option. You already have the option -x inc_entire=vg00 (I hope you have that option!) so just add -n 1. The usual make_net_recovery command is:

make_net_recovery -s server_name -a server_name:/var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/myHostName -v -n 1 -u -x inc_entire=vg00

Note that manually removing backup archives will mess up the automatic removal with the -n option. The CINDEX file must match the actual files that currently exist.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin