1748053 Members
4554 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite

Jose A. Vidales
Occasional Contributor

Ignite

Why ignite let some changes in new server?
Hi there !!!

I was install 3 servers (all rx6600, all have the same configuration), first I do was configure one server and generate an ignite tape.

With this tape, install the other two servers; but when i compare the results between them and I found some issues... see the file please.

The server is running OK but, Is there any chance that this installation fail? Why does this changes appear???

Thank You !!

Jose Vidales
2 REPLIES 2
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Ignite

Ignite isn't creating exact clones; otherwise, you would have identical hostnames, IP addresses, disk devices, ...

but rather you are creating logical clones that are almost identical. One of the possible differences is slightly different disks in the 3 boxes so that the number of available sectors is slightly different. Also the i/o and peripheral cards may be different or located in different slots so that not everything is an exact match.

There is also a fair amount of discovery that Ignite must do while probing hardware so the order in which temporary files are created and removed varies and this can leave differences in the sizes of directories.

Relax, you are fine.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Jose A. Vidales
Occasional Contributor

Re: Ignite

Thank you for your quick answer, I feel better now..

Just another question, do you know if this kind of behavoir is on paper?

Thank you !!

JAVS