Operating System - HP-UX
1748139 Members
3925 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Is it possible to restore Ignite backup on SAN Boot disk on HP UX 11i V3 version

Arun123456
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to restore Ignite backup on SAN Boot disk on HP UX 11i V3 version

Is it possible to restore Ignite backup on SAN Boot disk on HP UX 11i V3 version ?

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Is it possible to restore Ignite backup on SAN Boot disk on HP UX 11i V3 version

Yes.

During restore in the interactive configuration menu you can select a destination disk.

What do you REALLY want to do?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Arun123456
Occasional Contributor

Re: Is it possible to restore Ignite backup on SAN Boot disk on HP UX 11i V3 version

Tosten, I just wanted to know is it possible to restore Ignite backup from tape/or ignite server to SAN boot disk instaed of local disk. if yes, was there any change in the process to perform  the restore ?

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Well, there are SAN arrays and there are SAN arrays. If your system is very old and you have not kept up on patches and updates for 11.31, the SAN might work for data files but not boot. That's why telling us the model of the computer and also the manufacturer and model of the SAN array is really important. And corner case SANs such as iSCSI or NAS cannot be used for booting. Note also that you must keep your Ignite software up to date so it understands new hardware.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin