4587 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Restoring from Ignite Server

Darren Etheridge_2
Super Advisor

Restoring from Ignite Server

I have an Ignite server running on a PA-RISC machine running 11.23

The client server that I backup to the Ignite Server is a Integrity BL870i2 running 11.31 and backs up to the Ignite server fine.

Now my key question is how in the world do I get the BL870i2 to boot from the ignite server (running 11.23)?

I have followed all the instructions setting up the /etc/exports:

/var/opt/ignite/clients -anon=2
/var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/hal -anon=2,access=hal
/var/opt/ignite/archives/Rel_B.11.31 ro ""

but I have no idea what to do from here.  it seems when trying to boot, I dont' get the option to seach for a boot item (like 11.23).

I have read most if not all the documentation but no luck with the setup.

Any help would be appreciated! 

D

2 REPLIES 2
pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Re: Restoring from Ignite Server

Hi,

Performing Ignite-UX server backup wouldn't require much configuration on the Ignite-UX server side. However you would need to configure the Ignite-UX Server inorder to restore the backup on to PA-RISC or Itanium client systems. 

After configuring the Ignite-UX Server, if the client system is down, boot the cient and interept the boot sequence at EFI and use "lanboot" or lanboot with dprofile command to restore from server.

If the client is up and running, then you can use the "bootsys" command from Ignite-UX server / client to initiate the system recovery. 

For detailed information, please refer the HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting for step by step instructions to configure Ignite-UX Server and methods to restore the PA-RISC or Itanium based client systems from Ignite-UX Server.

Click here to access HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting.

For Ignite-UX Server Side Configuration: From above web link, choose "Configuration / How-To Guide" option -->choose Ignite-UX Server Side Configuration

For Ignite-UX Network Recovery: From above web link, choose "Configuration / How-To Guide" option -->choose "System Recovery" --> Choose "Ignite-UX Network Recovery". 

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

Re: Restoring from Ignite Server

The Ignite admin guide has all of the information you need. If you don't want to configure DHCP/PXE on the Ignite server (assuming it's on the same subnet) to enable network boot use dbprofiles (there's information on how to use that command from the EFI shell in the admin guide) with an i2 blade.