108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Restoring image when APA is configured

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ken Englander
Regular Advisor

Karel - good point, which I thought of after I posted the reply. I am going to test your way of doing it, probably today.

BTW, just curious how do you get assigned the STAR designating you as an expert? I do not mean to question that fact, I just wondered about the process.

I am certainly glad you offered up a response. You and Erik have both provided much more detail than I got from HP and we are paying them!
хоЛцШОхУ▓
Honored Contributor

First: HP didn't suggest U create aggregate Group; U can find it in APA Manual;
Second: IF U are experience create aggregate Group on Two 1000BASE-SX Card, It's not support in HP APA
I'm back, water king
Karel Dusek
Occasional Advisor

Ken: I have already written script to "apply workaround". Use it to have life easier.

Regarding the STAR - you can select it yourself in setting - I felt strong in this area... so I decided to chose it) - click to your name here in forum and you will see it.

Ken Englander
Regular Advisor

Karel - thanks for the script to apply the workaround. I would definitely say you know your way around Ignite, which is no small accomplishment.

On that subject - what do you do to fix or prevent Ignite from adding information to /etc/rc.config.d/netconf setting up the lan used for the restore?

Thanks for all the help!
Karel Dusek
Occasional Advisor

Ken: How do you restore it? I have original netconf after the final reboot. Are you recovering from the "same IP" or from "different temporary IP / subnet"?

There is in the ignite menu where you setting IP, hostname, GW, ignite-ux server a question about temporary networking -> did you answer yes or no?

Regards
Karel