Operating System - HP-UX
1745854 Members
4323 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server Clone using Ignite

Sean Chen

Server Clone using Ignite

Currently we plan to use the Ignite Tape to practice the disaster recovery procedures.
The source server is K570 and the target server is K460.
We have lvm problem after we use the Install HP-UX option in the Ignite Recovery processes.
Is there anybody ever done this kind of task? Thanks.
schen@acgla.com
6 REPLIES 6
jherring
Regular Advisor

check out docs.hp.com for ignite admin guide or te ignite download page. it should haave anything you need. jon
Elizabeth_2
Valued Contributor

What type of LVM problems do you experience?
Glenn S. Davidson
Trusted Contributor

I've done quite a bit with Ignite in the last few months. I've been cloning 11.0 systems. One of the problems I've run into is Ignite versioning. The newest from the June 2000 cd's seems to be the best. I've gone from a L-Class to and A-Class with little problems and from and L-Class to N-Class. Watch out for hardware compatibilities that could be the main problem you're running into. It's been a while since I've worked with those types of servers but make sure the architecture is the same. Are you on 10.X?
Conformity Destroys a mans initiative and independence. It supresses his powerful inner drive to do his own thing.
Glenn S. Davidson
Trusted Contributor

I've done quite a bit with Ignite in the last few months. I've been cloning 11.0 systems. One of the problems I've run into is Ignite versioning. The newest from the June 2000 cd's seems to be the best. I've gone from a L-Class to and A-Class with little problems and from and L-Class to N-Class. Watch out for hardware compatibilities that could be the main problem you're running into. It's been a while since I've worked with those types of servers but make sure the architecture is the same. Are you on 10.X?
Conformity Destroys a mans initiative and independence. It supresses his powerful inner drive to do his own thing.
Glenn S. Davidson
Trusted Contributor

I agree with Jon, get the manual. I've done quite a bit with Ignite in the last few months. I've been cloning 11.0 systems. One of the problems I've run into is Ignite versioning. The newest from the June 2000 cd's seems to be the best. I've gone from a L-Class to and A-Class with little problems and from and L-Class to N-Class. Watch out for hardware compatibilities that could be the main problem you're running into. It's been a while since I've worked with those types of servers but make sure the architecture is the same. Are you on 10.X?
Glenn S. Davidson
Trusted Contributor

OOPS... I guess even when you get an error it posts your reply!

Sorry about this.