9472 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Still having diff with <2GB files

Mike Rightmire
Frequent Advisor

Still having diff with <2GB files

Hey Folks,

I was having some difficulty with Ignite make_net_recovery files larger than 2 GB. I got some great responses, and got most of the issue worked out. Please reference thread ...

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,1150,0xebac6af52b04d5118fef0090279cd0f9,00.html

...BUT, I am still having some difficulty however. I did add the NFS v.3 patch, changed the nfsconf file and installed the newer version of GZip.

As you will recall from the other thread, I have two servers, both 10.20, running Ignite v.11...and each server is attempting to back up the other using Ignite make_net_recovery. Both servers are creating a recovery file larger than 2 GB and both were choking.

The strange thing is, I modified BOTH servers as listed abover (with NFS v. 3 and GZip) and now ONE of the servers will accept files larger than 2GB and the OTHER WON'T!

Very odd! Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Mike
"If we treated each person we met as if they were carrying an unspeakable burden, we might almost treat each other as we should." Dale Carnegie
2 REPLIES 2
Mike Rightmire
Frequent Advisor

Re: Still having diff with <2GB files

I figured the issue out. There was a line in the nfsconf file which read ...

MOUNT_VER=2

It was different than the MOUNTD_VER=? line, but has a similar impact. I changed it to MOUNT_VER=3 and everything seems to be functioning fine.

See the above message board link for more details.
"If we treated each person we met as if they were carrying an unspeakable burden, we might almost treat each other as we should." Dale Carnegie
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Still having diff with <2GB files

Do you have the largefiles option set for the filesystem on the machine that is still having problems? Do an 'fsadm /mounted_directory' to see what the filesystem is set for. If largefiles is not set, then it will still choke.