1753695 Members
6051 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading to a Newer Version of Ignite

Peter Maitland
Occasional Advisor

Upgrading to a Newer Version of Ignite

I have a server that has ignite version A.1.151. My question is can I install the newest version over the old one? Or do I have to remove the older version.

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Remove older version with swremove tool and install new depot with swinstall tool.
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Peter,

I have always done an swremove and removed the old version of Ignite before installing the new version. At one time I did have problems with some ignite commands not working after I did an install over the top of an older version.

The install and remove do not require a reboot and do not take that long to do. It just gives me a peace of mind to remove the old version first.
Michael Roberts_3
Honored Contributor

You do not need to remove the old version before installing the new one.

Modifications you've made in /var/opt/ignite and subdirectories will be preserved _except_ for comments in /var/opt/ignite/INDEX.

Modifications you've made to Ignite delivered files in /opt/ignite and its subdirectories will _not_ be preserved.

etouq ot hguone revelc ton m'i
Rob Smith
Respected Contributor

Definately remove the older version first. I have had problems a couple of times when I just installed the newer version over the old.
Hope this helps!

Rob

Learn the rules so you can break them properly.
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

make sure that u remove the older version before new installation.even if u did so while archiving definately u will face problem
never give up