3972 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Use make_net_recovery to rollback from 11.31 to 11.23

lancelot8602
Visitor

Use make_net_recovery to rollback from 11.31 to 11.23

All,

I took a make_net_recovery archive prior to a fresh new install of 11.31, the archive is at 11.23.  When I lanboot the system with 11.23 media from my ignite server I am not seeing my archive I took.  I have verified that the archive exists and checked the log to make sure the archive completed successfully.  Am I trying to do something ignite doesnt support? can I trick ignite?

I guess what I am trying to do is recover back to a previous version of HPUX from a make_net_recovery archive.

Thanks,

Lance

3 REPLIES 3
Henry Fauni
Valued Contributor

I have a few questions:

1.  Is the Ignite Server on the same subnet as the client? If not, you need to setup "boot helper" or you have to perform a dual-media recovery (booting from CD, and then contact an Ignite-UX server for recovery).

2. Do you have multiple lan cards on your system? It's possible that the registered mac address is incorrect. Check contents of Ignite-UX server /var/opt/ignite/clients. Make sure that the registered mac address is the client's active and configured lan card.

pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Check if the there is a CINDEX file inside the directory /var/opt/ignite/clients/<clientname>/ and make sure it the CINDEX file is updated with latest backup. 

Make sure you the client is getting the acknowledgment from the correct Ignite-UX server. Incase of multiple ignite-ux server in the same network, use the "dbprofile" to boot from the correct server.

Refer the HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting from the below web link to view various check list. 

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=4077173&lang=en&cc=us 

To access all othe HP Guided Troubleshooting refer the below link.

http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Because the recovery procedure is different for RISC based and Itanium servers, you should tell what server model you have!

Keep in mind - support for 11.23 will end next year, support for 11.31 will end in about 10 years. Consider to switch to 11.31!

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!