1753474 Members
4670 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Customizing nagios_vars.ini

Matthew Huff_1
Occasional Advisor

Customizing nagios_vars.ini

I'd like to use the %PREFIX, %DOMAIN variables to customize load variables on different machines, but I can't find any documentation on it. Anyone know where I can find it?

Or, how would I setup nodes = for a list of machines to start?
4 REPLIES 4
Donna Firkser
Regular Advisor

Hi Matthew,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. You can easily customize the load threshold variables for your different target nodes by adding the "simple node name" of the target with the new load threshold values to the end of nagios_vars.ini. And the re-run Configure IC-Linux Management Services.

e.g.

[icelx1]
loadave_critical=0.2,0.3,0.4,7
loadave_warning=0.1,0.2,0.3,7

[icelx2]
loadave_critical=0.3,0.4,0.5,7
loadave_warning=0.2,0.3,0.4,7

Does this help?

Donna

Matthew Huff_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Donna.

It does help, however, I'd like to use the variables to select a group of machines based on criteria. Is there any documentation on the variables to do that?
Donna Firkser
Regular Advisor

Not sure what you mean by "setup nodes = for a list of machines to start". Are you saying you only want to monitor a subset of your target nodes? If so, you can use the SIM customize button on the left hand panel and add the servers you want to monitor to the icelx_servers collection and re-run Configure IC-Linux Management Services. Make sure you enter "no" to autopopulate before you hit Run Now.

Does this help?

Donna
Donna Firkser
Regular Advisor

What's the criteria you would like to use? I'll have to see if there are any pre-defined variables to use once I know what you're trying to do.

Donna