108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RX2600 and USB ports

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gene Kenny
Regular Advisor

RX2600 and USB ports

I have just installed the HP-UX on a RX2600.
When the system comes up, the mouse will not work but the keybrd will. If I change connections and reboot the mouse will work but the keybrd will not work. I am using the VGA port on MP. Ihave tried different USB ports also. No matter the combination either the keybrd or mouse will work but not both.

I am using a HP IP kvm
3 REPLIES 3
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: RX2600 and USB ports

Hi Gene,

you should buy HP A7782A HP-UX USB to PS/2 adapter
http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product.asp?sku=2338408&jumpid=oc_R1002_USENC-001_HP-UX%20USB%20to%20PS/2%20adapter

and use PS/2 ports on KVM switch.

Regards,
Zygmunt
Gene Kenny
Regular Advisor

Thanks, does the A7782A have a video port on it? The video is a bit flacky. Sorry to ask but the link you sent me does not come up.

Gene
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

Hi Gene,

this link has a problem. You can try this one more time or just search a A7782A at http://www.hp.com/

The A7782A adapter has one USB port and two PS/2 ports. It doesn't have video port.

Here is description from this link:

Product details:
Keyboard / mouse adapter - 4 pin USB Type A (M) - 6 pin PS/2 (F) - 1.3 ft

Product description:
The HP A7782A HP-UX USB to PS/2 adapter provides connection of PS/2 MiniDIN input devices to contemporary PA-RISC UNIX workstations that have only USB (Universal Serial Bus) as the console connection. The A7782A is an HP version of the industry-leading USB "Y-Mouse" from P.I. Engineering. This version has been optimized for use with HP-UX. The A7782A translates PS/2 keyboard and mouse scan codes into USB usage codes supported by PA-RISC HP-UX systems. The adapter reports USB keyboard and pointing device endpoints even if the devices are not present, and currently switched-away, ensuring that system console won't default to serial port on reboot. This, plus the instant switching time of PS/2 (vs. USB), makes the A7782A ideal for KVM switching.

Regards,
Zygmunt