108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to connect to the MP console

SOLVED
Go to solution
dictum9
Super Advisor

Unable to connect to the MP console

It used to work but suddenly I can no longer connect. No changes have been made configuration-wise. This is what I get.  11.31 rx8650 and I telnet from another box. I check the config at the MP prompt. 

is this a network issue? Which directly do I dig in? 

MP:CM> LC -nc

telnet xx.xx.xx.xx
Trying...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

5 REPLIES 5
dictum9
Super Advisor

The drop is good because I can ping the MP Ip address. However, I cannot telnet, does indicate a problem on the machine or a network configuration issue (perhaps the port disabled)

Dave Olker
HPE Pro

When this has happened to me it usually means something on the MP is messed up and I had to resort to one of three options:

1) Try a different protocol  (can you ssh to the console?)

2) Connect physically to the console port on the back of the server.  Once on you can reset the MP from the command line.

3) Power cycle the server.  I mean physically remove the power cord, wait for 30 seconds, plug back in.  Obviously you would want to cleanly shutdown the server OS before doing this, but I've had to resort to this at times when the MP was so screwed up that even connecting to the physical port didn't work.

Dave

I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
dictum9
Super Advisor

Already tried resetting it to no avail.  I will try powering off as the next step. 

dictum9
Super Advisor

Powering off and physically removing the power cables worked.

Now I am getting this error message, what do I have to hit to enable it?  control-e I get, but what is "cf"? 

[Read-only - use <Ctrl-e>cf to attach to OS_Console.]

dictum9
Super Advisor
Solution

this is the answer:

1. press control and e key a the same time.

2. release the keys.

3. press the c key press f key press enter key.