5838 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

disk_em event 101037 detected from Server

Joseph Samuel
Occasional Contributor

disk_em event 101037 detected from Server

Hi,

I was getting this EMS from a server(Superdome) for the past three days exactly at 10:34pm.But the disk is accessible and all the lvols are in synced stated.i found no problem in that disk apart from may be a sector or a block in that disk may be corrupted.pls revert back to me do i need to replace the disk.pls find the error log below.
3 REPLIES 3
Mridul Shrivastava
Honored Contributor

Re: disk_em event 101037 detected from Server

Have you run online diags using cstm and checked the output of that...

It would show you medium and non-medium errors.. If they are high then disk may have to be replaced.

Is there any backup activity or scheduled activity goes at 10:34 PM everyday...
Time has a wonderful way of weeding out the trivial
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

Hi Joseph,

Yes, I think you do need to replace the disk. The reason you only get the messages logged once a day is that EMS suppresses events so they typically only get logged once every 24 hours. By the way, the log file shows event 100237; are you also seeing 101037 as the title says, or was that a typo?

You should also look at upgrading to a current version of OnlineDiags, though that does not affect the validity of the event you are seeing. You've got A.45.00, which is the June 2004 release. The current web-download is A.55.00. http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B6191AAE

For disks >9Gb, most of the monitoring is done by SMART, and you won't see medium errors etc. in the STM tools, since that information is no longer visible.

(By the way, it's best to stick with plain text rather than RTF or whatever format you've uploaded.)

Andrew
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

"I have assigned points to 0 of 14 responses to my questions."

Please read this,
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=140137

In particular, please take time to assign points to the answers you've received in this and other threads.

This has the effects of rewarding those who take the time to provide answers, and giving guidance about the quality of those answers to others who may encounter the same problems in future. If you ask questions, but never assign points, you may find you get fewer answers (just an observation, not a threat!).

Andrew (not posting in any official capacity)