6840 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: hpux rx3600 lifetime?

irolfi
Occasional Contributor

hpux rx3600 lifetime?

Hello friends,

I have a question I hope someone can answer me.

We have 4 servers hpux rx3600 in our company that are running and working since 2008.

I want to answer if there is lifetime for these servers? How long should they work for then to be replaced or upgraded, or there is not any such politics? I hope I was clear.

Thank you,

Flori

4 REPLIES 4
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

The standard location for up-to-date HP-UX hardware and OS lifecycle information is:

http://www.hp.com/go/hpuxservermatrix

As it says, you should check with your HP representative if you need the absolute latest/authoritative information.

The rx3600 reached End-of-Sales at the end of last year (31-Dec-2011), and the support matrix says the "minimum support commitment" is 5 years after that date. In other words, HP says it will support rx3600 hardware at least to the end of the year 2016; this time may be extended if HP thinks it will be profitable for them. If the wear items (mainly mechanical parts, i.e. disks and cooling fans) are replaced as necessary, the hardware is generally expected to stay in working condition at least until that time, assuming that the server is operated in recommended environmental conditions.

MK
irolfi
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for your answer and time.

Wish you all the best,

Flori

irolfi
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

If it happen that I have to replace these servers with some new ones, whith what type of server should I replace them? Which is the genuine replacer of rx3600?

Thanks

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Current servers are BL8x0c i2 blades and rx2800 i2, see

http://h20341.www2.hp.com/integrity/us/en/systems/integrity-systems-overview.html?jumpid=ex_R11294_us/en/large/eb/go_integrity

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!