4932 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

rx1600 Firmware Update

Rob Nolen_1
Occasional Advisor

rx1600 Firmware Update

Hi Folks,

I downloaded the latest HPOFM ISO for the rx1600. I boot from the CD, and it presents me with the rx1600/rx1620 Recipe 8.5, but when I try to select it, it tells me the MP firmware isn't at the correct rev. The problem with that is there is no MP on this system.

Any ideas on how I can get this to update? There's no OS on this machine at the moment.

Thanks for any help.
7 REPLIES 7
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: rx1600 Firmware Update

Did you try using 'Manage Firmware' option of HPOFM and select SYSTEM and BMC devices only?
Rob Nolen_1
Occasional Advisor

It won't let me select anything.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Any screen shots and what exactly is being done here?

Refer this document as well.
http://docs.hp.com/en/9065/FirmwareGuide.pdf
Rob Nolen_1
Occasional Advisor

Sameer,

Thanks for your reply. I previously reviewed that document, and it didn't really give me any insight into what is wrong.

Basically, when I get the menu which details the firmware on the CD, none of the options are available to be selected. I tab into the window which lists the firmware, and press ENTER to try and select one, but nothing changes, and the indicated does not appear next to the line item.

Attached is a series of screen captures in a word doc to show you the process I am using and what the results are.

Thanks again for your time.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Looking at the screenshots ( I am glad you did post here ), I see "---" in front of the recipe which means you can not select any firmware for an update. The reason you see "---" is probably because the system firmware currently installed on this server is the intial release version (1.10). So it won't allow you to upate directly to 4.x release. You got to update it to 2.11 first and then update to 4.x . Refer the release notes of 2.11 which says that it's update for intial release.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=447332&swItem=ux-45502-1&prodNameId=406201&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=5
Rob Nolen_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Sameer... I can't believe I didn't click on that tab and see the previous versions.

/kicks self.

Rob Nolen_1
Occasional Advisor

Sameer found the solution.