4004 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

rx7640 problem

meekrob
Super Advisor

rx7640 problem

Hello Everyone,

im facing a problem with an rx7640 server that didn't succeed to boot with the attached console log.

Can anyone provide me some help on how to identify the source of the problem in order to proceed with the troubleshooting? Any suggestion is much appreciated.

I already checked physical components (PSU, fans, ...) via MP and everything looks normal.

It also shows after crash a dumping process and its progress in % however after completion it restarts automatically. How can we see the dump results?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: rx7640 problem

Looks like your system crashed again, very early in the HP-UX OS boot process. Since this crash happened before the crash dump functionality was set up, no second dump could be generated.

The console messages indicate there was a Cache/Memory error of some kind: that suggests a hardware issue.

The first dump was stored in raw binary format in the configured dump area (by default, the primary swap LV /dev/vg00/lvol2 is also used as a dump area, but that can be changed). If you need that dump for analysis, you might have to move the system disk to another HP-UX system, import the VG and then use the crashutil command to produce a set of dump files that is readable by the usual crash dump analysis tools.

If you have a support agreement with HP, this would be a great time to open a hardware support call and let the hardware support people sort this out. The console messages in your attachment may be very useful to HP's hardware engineers, too.

MK
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi,

Did you capture the MP Logs?

If so please share the same, i could see some hardware issue...

HTH,

Surendar

Was the post useful?

Say Thank you by Clicking the WHITE KUDOS! Star.

For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
meekrob
Super Advisor

Thanks for your reply and btw as suggested to move the system disk to another HP-UX system and import the VG and then use the crashutil command, could you provide some tips on that?

In fact, the boot disk is mirrored (2 physical disks) on this server so in this case i just pull out one disk of this mirror and plug it on another system with same OS version however, how to proceed with the import? as on the host disk there is already a vg00. I was searching and found the "vgimport" command. Is it the right command to be used?

Thanks in advance

meekrob
Super Advisor

Hello,

regarding MP logs, which logs are the ones to seek? im not so familiar with MP as in GSP there are Error/Last ... and all these logs.

Rgds

S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please follow the steps to login to MP:

Accessing MP
================================
Run the following steps to access the MP.

Please login to the server from SYSTEM CONSOLE( The monitor/keyboard attached directly to the server)  Or LAPTOP /Desktop should be conncted to the Server console port )

1. At the system console prompt, type CTRL+ B

2. Enter the  Login and Password( Username = Admin and Password= Admin)

3. The screen will display: MP>

Example:

At the MPprompt>: type PS press enter

MP>PS

4. At the MP> prompt: type CO, and press enter to return to the console screen.

---------------------

Note:  1) To capture the logs LAPTOP /Desktop should be conncted to the Server console port

Please refer the link Hardware Logs Collection from Management Processor (MP:

HP Integrity Servers - Hardware Logs Collection from Management Processor (MP):

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c03468097&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0007

HTH,

Surendar

Was the post useful?

Say Thank you by Clicking the WHITE KUDOS! Star.

For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]