1755621 Members
3228 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Internet Explorer 6.0.2800 STALLING

NNJJ
Occasional Contributor

Internet Explorer 6.0.2800 STALLING

My internet Explorer keeps freezing up on me. I can get to the first web page but when I try to continue it locks up. I check the task manager and it says that this program is not responding.

ANy suggestions on how to fix this???
5 REPLIES 5
Jorge Pinto Leite
Respected Contributor

Re: Internet Explorer 6.0.2800 STALLING

Hi NNJJ

Suppose you're using XP. Uninstall IE and install again. Apply all updates.

Search for malware in your PC after that.

Good luck
Jorge
Rich S
Honored Contributor

You can "rebuild" IE by going to the control panel, selecting add/remove programs then selecting add/remove window components. After it is done building the list, you will see a check box on IE. Remove it, and go to next, etc.

After its is done, go back in and recheck the check box and finish the dialog.

This procedure will remove and rebuild IE 6 on your PC.

Rich

Say thanks with HP POINTS
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Hi:

I just had the same problem on a Dell Optiplex GX280 and it was 135 tracking cookies and a corrupt driver or BIOS upgrade (I don't know precisely what fixed it because I updated the BIOS and all drivers and DVD firmware simultaneously).
I also ran CHKDSK /F. When I was done, the machine was very fast, even with only 512MB RAM.

FWIW.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
NNJJ
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Thank you for the reply. I figured out why it keep freezing. I loaded a new software program that called for me to change the color of the screen to 16 bit. This was causing the mess. I changed the color back and now it is working fine. What is the best color TRUE COLOR (32 BIT) or 256 COLOR....Thank you again!!!
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

True color!

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger