Internet Products
1751791 Members
4985 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No Images or Blank Box with red x in oulook express 6.0

Eugene F White

No Images or Blank Box with red x in oulook express 6.0

I am only recieving only a description of a jpg image when opening a message. The images can be opened in the attachments but not the main body of the message. When using the Forwarding feature everything becomes visible, the main body and pictures. What is going on here and how do I get these images to appear upon opening the main message and not just the Forwarded message(of the original e-mail message).??
My OP system is xp pro with all upgrades including sp3 and am using internet explorer 8.0 in conjuction with www.rr.com(road runner) as server. Some one please explain because this problem has recently appeared seemingly from nowhere. I have tried reinstallations to no avail.
Sincerely,
Eugene F White
5 REPLIES 5
Shawn
Honored Contributor

With outlook open click on Tools..then on options..then the security tab, in about the middle of this page uncheck the download images box. Click apply, then OK. Done
Eugene F White

Shawn,
I have no such box under tools, options,and security tab in Outlook Express 6.0. I think you were refering to OUTLOOK and not OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6.0. See security tab attachment for Outlook Express 6.0.
Eugene F White

To explain my question above further see attached email examples below.
1. Original Email no picture in the main body
however the attachmnet is present for opening.
2. Opening HTM in the attachment yields a Blank image box with red x and main body message.
3. Using the FORWADING feature from the original message, the main body message and image appear.
If I forward this to myself, the image is back to a blank image box with a red x with the message intact.
See no's 1,2 and 3 examples attached.
Shawn
Honored Contributor

You have looked at this right?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843018
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I have no such box under tools, options,and security tab in Outlook Express

Sure you do but unfortunately it is unchecked:
[] Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail.