LAN Routing
1752579 Members
4088 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Menus disappear after upgrading firmware

hfffoman

Menus disappear after upgrading firmware

I have just upgraded the firmware on my 3CRWDR101A-75 from 1.00 to 1.12.01A.

When I log in to the router I don't get the menus I should be getting down the left hand side of the welcome screen. I go straight to the wizard screen. I also have the tabs for password and notice board and they work ok. If I select the noticeboard I get a message inviting me to use the menus at the left but they aren't there. I can go through the wizard but at the end nothing happens. When I click "apply", the settings don't save and the router doesn't work. At the bottom of the screen I have the message "waiting for user input" permanently displaying from beginning to end, whatever I do. After completing the wizard I can no longer log into the router. It won't respond to anything until I reset to factory default then the whole cycle repeats itself. Prior to the firmware upgrade, it was working fine. I have just changed ISP and had upgraded the firmware immediately after getting it going. I have tried switching it off, rebooting, resetting numerous times. Any help would be appreciated otherwise I guess after wasting so much time it is easier to get a new router.

2 REPLIES 2
hfffoman

Re: Menus disappear after upgrading firmware

Update: Eventually the problem disappeared. After resetting the router to factory settings at least a dozen times, it worked. The only thing I did diferently was leave it overnight. It's not because I turned off the computer - I had tried every combination of resesetting / restarting each item.

Dogdaniel
Occasional Contributor

Re: Menus disappear after upgrading firmware

Hfffoman, same problem to me. But when I try to get access to the set up menu thru 192.168.1.1.. the menu is missing. It┬┤s no possible to re-configure the router again.

I can see that the router's IP is 192.168.2.1.(ipconfig command). Using this IP by the browser it shows a Recovering page from where I can update the firmware again or boot the router.

The net is working. All PCs connectad to the router by wire are working good. IPs assigned by the router are 192.168.2.100, 192.168.2.101 ... and so on. (The LAN is using the old name!!! so, I see that the full reset to factory default is not completed)

I've re-booted, firmware updated, connected and disconnected several times... but nothing happened!!

Maybe I need to do it a dozen times.

Any other suggestion?

Best Regards