1752570 Members
5065 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

E-mail notifications no longer working

Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

E-mail notifications no longer working

I'm wondering if only my e-mail notifications are no longer working. For exmaple, I've the "Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in" option set and new topics are subscribed correctly. When a new comment is posted by someone, no mail arrives in my inbox. What can be wrong? Was working well, before some of the software forums had been merged.

Regards,

Sebastian

P.S This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to LVM and VxVM. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Re: E-mail notifications no longer working

Sebastian,

Given that just about everything else was broken, why should mail be any different? On the other hand, maybe it's just that posts are so rare these days, there's nothing to report on?

A crucible of informative mistakes
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I'm wondering if only my e-mail notifications are no longer working.

Did you subscribe to this topic?

>When a new comment is posted by someone, no mail arrives in my inbox.

I typically just poll.

>Was working well, before some of the software forums had been merged.

Nothing more specific in time?

>maybe it's just that posts are so rare these days

Sebastian's DP forum is active.  And I would expect that he has proof that it isn't working on a specific topic.

Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

I usually poll new topics via RSS. When I participate in a specific topic, I like to see a mail for each response to be able to answer in a timely fashion. None of my subscribed posts are causing mails to be send, even if someone replies to it. I;m not able to provide a closer time frame when this started. This post here did not work, too.

Regards,

Sebastian