1753408 Members
7230 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 32/64-bit portabliity

Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, I can't change the terminfo database on the target machine (it isn't my machine). I'm attempting to get a copy of it to copy onto my machine to see if I can replicate the problem locally.

The application is statically linked with the ncurses archive libraries. There are no ncurses shared libraries on the target machine. Also, perhaps more importantly, there are no ncurses binaries on the target machine, it uses the HP supplied variants of clear/infocmp/tic/toe/tput/tset etc. so the target machine has HP terminfo databases and HP term habdling binaries.

I've been experimenting with setting TERMINFO and TERMCAP, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

Oh and tic and infocmp both work OK.
Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

OK, I recompiled the ncurses sources with --disable-termcap and ran the application.

If TERMINFO is not set, you get an error message. If TERMINFO is set (correctly) the application works fine.

Just to check, I then recompiled the ncurses sources without --disable-termcap and ran the application.

If TERMINFO is not set you don't (now) get a core-dump, you get an error message about "Name collision between h hh" etc. IF TERMINFO is set (correctly) the application works fine.

So unless the orginal ncurses build was somehow corrupted, I don't get it. But I have an application that works and I'm seeing if it works on the 32-bit version of 11.00 too.